New Homeowner Tips: Steps to Buying a Home
As you prepare for your next huge investment, first time home buyers should take the necessary steps to make sure their transition from renter to homeowner goes smoothly. Use these 5 tips prior to apply for a mortgage.
Check your credit score and resolve any errors.
- Checking your credit score should be the top priority on your list. Lenders use your FICO score to determine whether or not to approve you for a loan.
Find out how much house you can afford
- Not sure how much house you can afford? Check out our home affordability calculator to find the right budget for you.
Find a respectable mortgage lender
- You will need to find a mortgage lender that will help you with your mortgage needs. At Service First, we have a dedicated team of mortgage experts with the ability to originate, underwrite and fun all of our loans in-house to create a hassle-free lending experience from start to finish.
Research potential neighborhoods
- You should feel confident in the neighborhood you choose for your family. Determining what neighborhood best fits your needs require time and a lot of planning.
Factor in maintenance and repair costs into your home buying budget
- It is important to find out how much money to include in your budget for home maintenance and repairs. By doing so, will help you decide how much you will need to save.
Are you interested in buying a home? Need a reliable loan professional you can trust? Contact one of our loan officers near you to see how you can get pre-qualified on you home today!
Let us show you why it’s easier here at Service First!